University of Calcutta Department of Botany, invites applications from interested and eligible candidates for enrollment in PhD program in Botany from eligible post graduate students of Botany (or allied disciplines, subject to endorsement by the concerned PhD committee) for the year 2019.
Notification: Department of Botany, University of Calcutta 2019.
Course Level: Doctorate
Last date of application: 1st August, 2019.
- Candidates with at least 55% marks in M.Sc. level from any UGC recognized university are eligible to take the examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories as per the UGC norm need to have at 50% to sit in the examination
- Those who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/SET/SLET or already obtained M. Phil degree would be exempted from the written examination.
Selection Procedure:The selection of the candidates will be based admission test and interview. Applicants must clearly indicate the program in which they want to apply at the time of interview.
Reservation: Reservation will be
For OBC(A) Candidates:-10% and OBC(B) Candidates:-7%
For SC Candidates:-22%
For ST Candidates:-6%
- Applicants are Requested to download the Ph.D admission test application from the university website www.caluniv.ac.in
- Apply in the specified format by paying Rs.100/- through a Callahan available through different university cash counters.
- Attach all copies of related documents must be submitted at the time of application and the original must be produced at the time of interview.
Last date of receiving application: 01-08- 2019.
Date, time and venue of written examination: 07-08-2019 at 1 pm in the Lecture Theater of Botany department, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata-700019.
Confirmation of eligible candidates for interview: 14-08-2019.
Date of interview: 21-08-2019.
For More Details visit:
Official pdf link: